Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back to School

Hello!
The last time that I wrote in this blog, I was a student teacher. Now, I am a full-time special education teacher near Cleveland, Ohio. Last year, I was a long-term substitute at an incredible school in the district where I am now fully employed. I had an incredible experience as a first year teacher, but I now feel like I am entering the world of first-year teaching again as I am in a new school teaching new grades. Last year I taught first and fourth grade students and this year I will be teaching second and third graders. I will be doing inclusion (co-teaching) and resource room teaching. I am very excited for the school year to start and have spent a good amount of my time this summer scouring Pinterest for new ideas for my classroom! I have tried a few so far and expect to incorporate many more throughout the year. I love that the internet makes it so easy to collaborate with other teachers and see what they are up to in their classrooms. I recently got into my new classroom, and it is far from being ready, but I will be posting some of my progress as I go. 


Here are some pictures of my room from the first day. This is what I saw when I walked into the classroom:





I hope that you'll enjoy seeing the progress as much as I'll enjoy doing it! 


-Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment